Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Karika 61

प्रकृतेः सुकुमारतरं न किञ्चिदस्तीति मे मतिर्भवति।
या दृष्टाऽस्मीति पुनर्न दर्शनमुपैति पुरुषस्य॥ ६१॥

Translation by Henry Thomas Colebrooke (1837): Nothing, in my opinion, is more gentle than nature; once aware of having been seen, she does not again expose herself to the gaze of soul.
Translation by John Davies (1881): Nothing is more modest than Nature; that is my judgment. Saying 'I have been seen', she does not expose herself again to the view of Soul.
Translation by Ganganath Jha (1896): Nothing is more modest than Nature: such is my opinion. Once aware of having been seen, she does not again expose herself to the view of the Spirit.
Translation by Nandalal Sinha (1915): My opinion is that nothing exists which is more delicate than Prakṛiti who, knowing that, "I have seen", comes no more within the sight of Puruṣa.
Translation by Har Dutt Sharma (1933): Nothing in my opinion is more modest than Nature, who because (of thinking that) "I have been seen", never again exposes itself to the view of the Spirit.
Translation by Radhanath Phukan (1960): (The Puruṣa thinks) "I have now come to know that there is no other easily comprehensible (phenomenal) cause of the creation than Prakṛti - Prakṛti who knowing that she has been seen by a Puruṣa will never again come to the view of the said Puruṣa".
Translation by Swami Virupakshananda (1995): My opinion is that nothing is more modest than the Prakṛti: Knowing that 'I have been seen', she no more comes within the sight of Puruṣa.
Translation by G. Srinivasan (recent): At the nuclear boundary the oscillatory displacement reduces to a minute angular oscillatory movement such that its very existence seems doubtful. The consequent reduction in the interactive self-potential does not ever allow it to radiate detectable information again on the state of interaction of the nuclear region.

No comments:

Post a Comment